Wednesday, February 2, 2011

February's Challenge - The Salt Cure



Carcutepalooza continues with February's Challenge - the Salt Cure.  A couple of new twists have been added to the challenge - Each month there is an "Apprentice" Challenge and a "Charcuterie" Challenge.  We will be making guanciale - cured pig's jowel, which is on the Charcuterie Challenge list.
(Wish us luck finding pigs' cheek! Maybe Henry can help us.) Another twist is The Grand Prize!  One lucky blogger will win trip to Gascony, France for a five day Charcuterie Class / Culinary Tour of Gascony.

Coming soon - Duck proscuitto pizza /  Putting our pig jowel down for its long two month winter's nap.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know for sure if they ship, but The Piggery, in Turmansburg and Ithaca, NY sells pig cheeks! I know because I have one in my freezer right now and I'm trying to decide what to do with it!

    ReplyDelete